We talk a lot about habits and the need to establish good ones. Unfortunately, a habit is a habit, both good and bad. John Meyer from Lemonly wrote a good post about 7 bad habits that are likely holding you back. Here’s his list.
BAD HABITS ARE…WELL…BAD
- Touching emails more than once
- Meeting just to meet (a personal pet peeve of mine)
- Meeting without an agenda
- Repeating Mistakes
- Using a phone as an alarm (Not sure I can go along with this one)
- Allowing app notifications
- Being a chameleon
Point 6 is particularly salient to me. I turned off notifications last year and I’ll never go back. We’re conditioned enough to constantly check our devices so we don’t need a bell to ring to a number to display to kick our Pavlov responses into high gear. If you’re doing any of these things with regularity, you might want to consider a change.
See the full article on Entrepreneur.com.